Guy has worked as a cardiologist on the North Shore since 1998, both at North Shore Hospital and in private practice at Waitemata Cardiology. He left Rosmini College for Auckland University where he did a Bachelor of Chemistry, followed by a medical degree.
After training in cardiology at Greenlane, Guy undertook additional training to gain particular areas of expertise. This included:
Interventional Fellowship at Auckland City Hospital, learning angioplasty and stenting of narrowed coronary arteries
Examination to become a Testamur of the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology, gaining proficiency in the assessment of slow heart rhythms causing faints and funny turns, and in the procedure of pacemaker insertion.
Advanced Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, learning the technique of echocardiography and applying it to patients with heart valve abnormalities and reduced pump function of the heart.
He has published scientific research in all these areas, but his focus is on taking good care of his patients
"Thank you again for your time today. It was a pleasure to meet you, and a good wake up call for making some overdue lifestyle changes."
BSc (Auckland), MB ChB (Auckland), FRACP, FACC, FESC, FCSANZ
- General cardiology including chest discomfort, shortness of breath, palpitations and risk factor status
- Angioplasty and stent
- Cardiac ultrasound: echo and stress echo
- Advanced Fellow in Cardiac Imaging, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1996-8
- Examination in Cardiac Pacing and Defibrillation of the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology, 2001
- Fellow in Cardiac Intervention, Auckland City Hospital, 2006
Full Registration Date
4 December 1990